Bechtel Corporation Electrical Designer Job in Santiago, Chile
Requisition ID: 187859
Plans and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of design on a project. Knows applicable industry standards and codes, accepted design practices and quality standards for a global business unit.
A. Supervision Received
- Receives operational supervision and technical guidance from a senior Supervising Designer, an Engineering Supervisor, or a Layout Supervisor.
B. Supervision Exercised
- None: Provides operational direction and technical guidance to subordinate designer and drafter personnel as directed.
- Establishes and maintains communication with design and engineering supervisors in charge of related disciplines and with administrative personnel within the group or project. Consults with equipment suppliers, technical specialists and client representatives as directed to provide and receive technical information.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Directly performs or administers work of designers and drafters of a design group for a business line technology. This work includes the preparation of layouts, study drawings, detailed 2-D and 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) design models and construction drawings.
2. Prepares or assists with the preparation of assigned material requisitions and bid evaluations.
3. Monitors and checks work for compliance with approved design standards to provide quality design, reliable/safe plant operation and construction economy.
4. Prepares design and drafting procedures to standardize design effort.
5. Coordinates or makes jobsite visits, as required, to resolve problems and interpret drawings and documents.
6. Reviews or defines engineering scope changes, as required, for project management.
7. Endorses or prepares reports of work progress, as required, for project and discipline use.
8. Maintains up-to-date skills in Bechtel Standard Computer Applications (BSAPs) relevant to design work and ensures that maximum use is made thereof.
9. Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation and satisfaction.
Knowledge of the application of engineering and construction materials related to the discipline’s design responsibilities.
Knowledge of Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), industry and regulatory standards, design criteria and codes relevant to the discipline.
Knowledge of discipline Design Guides, mathematical formulae and design calculations used in the discipline.
Knowledge of technical responsibilities of other groups associated with the total design effort.
Knowledge of procedures used for the procurement and quantity control of bulk materials applicable to the discipline.
Knowledge of BSAPs applicable to the specific discipline work.
The above is normally acquired through:
Specialized courses in drafting, design and engineering practices, and CAD, OR
A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, AND
Extensive experience in design and drafting.
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
Position for Quebrada Blanca Fase 2 Project in Santiago, Chile.
Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.