Bechtel Corporation Senior Cost Engineer Pipeline Job in Santiago, Chile
Requisition ID: 184062
Supervises cost estimating, analysis, and control activities. Supports project organizational and administrative activities. Identifies cost trends for management attention. May review invoices for correct collection of revenue. Responsible for cost engineering, cost estimating, and cost analysis/control activities for small to medium size projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Provides comments and recommendations for cost engineering requirements relative to staffing and project control. Prepares detailed staffing plans for cost engineering activities. Reviews design scope criteria and quantities for completeness and reasonableness, and coordinates with the project to develop additional estimating bases when information is incomplete. Establishes the conceptual scope of studies when definition is not available.
2. Reviews or assists in reviewing proposal provisions related to cost engineering and material control and develops supporting data for contract negotiations. Obtains vendor information to update the cost data file. Applies material unit rates to quantities. Maintains cost data files.
3. Interfaces with designated Bechtel management and client counterparts for specific cost presentations.
4. Participates in developing and presenting training classes on designated subjects and on-the-job training for specific processes and practices.
5. Conducts personnel performance reviews when delegated. Interviews candidates and makes recommendations for employment decisions.
6. Supervises the collection, verification, and integration of work scope for all entities into a total project plan. Supervises the timely preparation of cost estimates. Prepares and analyzes comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data between the projects. Performs productivity analysis of Construction operations and verifies results. Establishes productivity basis to be utilized in estimates, as developed with the concurrence of Construction. Reviews labor estimates for reasonableness.
7. Coordinates the pricing structure or criteria that will be used by each discipline or specialty to meet the objectives of the cost estimate. Establishes format and content of summaries and reconciliations, including segregation of cost according to level of confidence and identification of areas of risk.
8. Prepares or reviews distributable and/or contractor’s indirect cost estimates, and develops the basis for temporary facilities, miscellaneous construction services, construction tools and equipment, non manual manpower, startup services, payroll taxes and insurance, camp facilities and operation, and other field office costs. Researches and develops or reviews tax estimates, including federal, state, and local tax issues. Assists in developing or develops foreign currency and exchange rate estimates.
9. Prepares and analyzes comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data between projects. Develops bid evaluation cost and schedule criteria and prepares bid evaluations. May participate in discussions with vendors.
10. Defines project needs for cost control in accordance with established Bechtel and client contractual requirements, objectives, and procedures. Supervises the timely performance of cost control activities. Reviews and critiques designs and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggests alternatives when appropriate. Prepares or supervises the preparation of cost studies utilizing historical data, statistical analysis, and cost and quantity comparisons. Develops innovative new techniques to meet specific needs, as required. Prepares cost trend estimates in support of project cost trend programs.
11. Supervises cost recording, monitoring, and reporting practices for compliance with applicable standards. Supervises and is responsible for the development and accuracy of cost engineering reports. Verifies consistency with previous reports to ensure compatibility. Responsible for issuing reports required by Bechtel management and project procedures.
12. Supervises investigating requirements for cost control data for a specific discipline or other specialty applications. Identifies needs for cost analysis support for the project, and recommends development or modification of cost engineering data standards. Supervises performance of cost analysis activities within the project.
13. Coordinates information input into specific studies. Responsible for integration of activities and total work scope identification. Evaluates study results and recommends conclusions for project team consideration and discussion. Supervises/directs project schedule staffing and quantity reporting.
14. Assists in developing unit jobhour and pricing data for a specific discipline or other specialty. Performs data analysis, identifies problems, and makes recommendations.
15. Creates and implements measurement systems for given processes, analyzes performance metric results, and identifies improvements. Uses statistical tools to analyze metrics (e.g., regression, analysis of variance, correlation), and analyzes measurement systems to identify bias, repeatability, and stability issues.
Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing cost engineering functions, which include cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis, in the field and the home office.
Knowledge of supervision, personnel administration, and training of technical and non-technical personnel.
Statistical knowledge in the areas of sampling, distributions, probability, and hypothesis testing for metrics.
Skilled in oral and written communication.
Proficiency with PC operating systems, with proficiency in several basic software applications. Proficiency with multiple discipline specific software applications currently used in Bechtel (PC Works or Primavera and Microsoft Office Applications, for example).
Knowledge of financial reporting systems and controller account codes, and understanding of Controller instructions, which impact Project Controls (including Project Financial Status Reports and Earned Revenue Determination Data).
Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes, as performed by Bechtel.
Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
10 years of experience or more at sites for pipelines construction projects.
10 years of experience or more in project controls, with expertise in cost control and planning.
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
Position for Quebrada Blanca Fase 2 Project in Santiago, Chile.
Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.