Google Regional Data Center Facilities Manager, South America in Chile
Our thirst for technology is a part of everything we do. The Data Center Engineering team takes the physical design of our data centers into the future. Our lab mirrors a research and development department -- cutting-edge strategies are born, tested and tested again. Along with a team of great minds, you tackle complex topics like how we use power or how to run state-of-the-art, environmentally-friendly facilities. You're a visionary who optimizes for efficiencies and never stops seeking improvements -- even small changes that can make a huge impact. You generate ideas, communicate recommendations to senior-level executives and drive implementation alongside facilities technicians.
Through your leadership, you use your technical expertise to lead cross-functional teams to develop infrastructure improvements. You manage a team of engineers and assign Googlers to projects based on their capabilities and the project's demands.
The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical and HVAC systems in the world. Facilities Technicians on this team operate, monitor and support all facilities activity at Google's data centers. They take ownership of the operation and maintenance of water pumps and treatment systems, HVAC, UPS, generators, electrical distribution and control and monitoring systems. You're at the forefront of best-in-class environmental practices. You bring the ideas of our Data Center Engineers to life and develop creative approaches to reducing operational costs while improving efficiencies. You work with local managers to ensure that problems are identified and repaired quickly, that contractors deliver quality services and preventive maintenance, and that safety measures are being performed. In emergency situations or abnormal conditions, you respond to data center performance issues and outages to minimize the recovery time from failures.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Work with the Global Operations Director to help implement and coordinate programs such as, safety and quality assurance, sustainability and energy management, operating objectives and goals established by the company.
- Lead and work with engineers and operations technicians to establish and implement preventative maintenance programs in order to reduce equipment downtime, maintain property integrity, maximize efficiency and minimize operating costs while protecting the asset. Ensure that facilities problems are identified and repaired.
- Assist in scope preparations, contract negotiations, and bid reviews for service, equipment and engineering related contracts. Work to find creative ways to keep operational costs to a minimum.
- Work with Team Members to improve efficiency and to implement new data center strategies. Provides leadership and direction for the implementation of corporate initiatives.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering (ME, CE, RA, EE), Professional Engineers License (PE) or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of relevant engineering experience.
- Experience in the mechanical, electrical and control systems used in the property/facility/data center management industry.
- Relevant experience in operating and maintaining buildings and building systems.
- 6 years of relevant work experience with data center equipment/environments, including switchgear, generators, chillers, cooling towers, air handling units, controls, security monitoring systems, fire safety systems and experience with start up/commissioning processes.
- Experience leading teams and managing multiple facilities. Exceptional budget management, negotiation, organizational, and presentation skills.
- High level of English fluency.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.