Visa Business Development Leader - Merchant Sales & Solutions in Santiago, Chile
Business Group Overview
Deeper partnerships with merchants and acquiring banks is a critical component of Visa’s expand access strategy. Merchant Sales & Solutions is the global Visa functional team tasked with the responsibility of delivering to this strategy. The expansion of Visa acceptance plays an even more important role in growing business for Visa and its clients in markets like Chile. Visa is focused on long-term acceptance growth by reinforcing its partnerships, enhancing market investments and having the right talent and organization to execute.
The Director / Business Development Leader, Merchant Sales & Solutions Chile is a key business development position focused at Visa’s emerging partnerships with card acceptors and other payment ecosystem partners. Typical partners would include existing and potential Visa acceptors such as airlines, retail business, ecommerce and mobile businesses, loyalty programs and other key merchants. Additional partners would include payment ecosystem participants such as payment facilitators. The account executive will be responsible for developing and managing deeper partnerships with these partners. Key deliverables would include the implementation of payment acceptance strategies to increase merchant sales volume and grow revenue for Visa and its partners. This position reports to the Head of MS&S GLAC and Country Head Chile.
Key responsibilities and outcomes include:
• Develop strategic alignment between partner organizations and Visa. Agree on strategic goals and deliver both long-term and short-term outcomes.
• Develop and execute partnerships for growth with merchants and other partners.
• Own relationships, business outcomes and drive internal resources towards delivery of partnership goals. Manage ongoing account plan and deliver on both strategic and tactical initiatives.
• Deliver the best of Visa to partners by deploying a 360 approach. Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as Core/Digital Products, Marketing, Innovation and CyberSource.
• Develop trusted relationships at both executive and operational levels.
• Payments expertise with a wide perspective on all elements of payments. The candidate must be able to collaborate and drive outcomes across various elements of payments such as merchant acquiring, processing, technology, payment facilitators & other intermediaries, etc.
• Experience at managerial in business development, partnership / account management or strategy / consulting is desirable with ability to be effective at senior levels in client organizations.
• Understanding of the payments industry and Chile (and if possible South Cone) market landscape. Relationships across key players and perspective and regulatory environment would be valuable.
• Industry experience in the payments ecosystem including acquiring banks, payments facilitators, merchants, payments networks or fintech operators is desirable. Direct experience in a card acceptor merchant is a plus.
• Flexibility, cultural adaptability and ability to navigate complexity is required to succeed in a matrixed environment collaborating with varied stakeholders. The role requires the ability to work across cultures and industries.
• 10+ years of relevant experience with a graduate degree or higher in business or technology.
• Full time position, based in Santiago, Chile. Ability to travel for business is required.
Fluent Spanish and English