Bechtel Corporation Instrumentation & Control EGS in Santiago, Chile
Requisition ID: 206015
Responsible for assigned activities within an engineering or scientific discipline in a global business unit on a project or program. Applies broad and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to project engineering. Makes decisions independently concerning problems within the discipline on the project. Represents the discipline on the project and with the client to resolve technical questions and as required to coordinate work.
A. Supervision Received
Receives operational supervision and technical guidance from a Project Engineer, Senior Engineering Supervisor, or Chief Engineer.
Objectives are defined and results are subject to supervisory review.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Supervises and provides technical direction to subordinate engineers, scientists, specialists, designers and drafters as assigned.
- Maintains contacts with client representatives as directed, with suppliers, appropriate field personnel and other disciplines to ensure the coordination of the work within the project or assignment and compliance with Bechtel/client requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Plans, develops, coordinates and reviews engineering work within a discipline on a project or assignment in a global business unit.
2. Supervises the day-to-day technical work of discipline engineers, scientists, specialists, designers and drafters.
3. Conducts annual performance reviews in accordance with approved procedures and holds career development discussions.
4. When assigned, recommends personnel actions such as staff additions, terminations, transfers and salary changes.
5. Prepares or oversees the preparation of discipline estimates and work plan in accordance with project scope, schedule and budget, and manages implementation and performance accordingly.
6. Estimates staffing needs and schedules and assigns work to meet schedule dates.
7. Coordinates with client representatives as delegated to obtain their approval on phases of work.
8. Reviews and approves key engineering drawings and calculations, including field and design documents relating to the discipline.
9. Coordinates assigned engineering work with other project groups.
10. Ensures that engineers and scientists supervised receive appropriate on-the-job training for their professional development.
11. Promotes the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Knowledge of systems, calculations, equipment, applications of methods, materials, and computers in the discipline.
Knowledge of engineering work planning and control methods.
Knowledge of precedents in the discipline and of principles and practices of related disciplines.
Knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved.
Knowledge of industry /regulatory codes and standards, and design and/or layout criteria pertinent to the particular discipline.
Skill in oral and written communication.
Knowledge of Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), Design Guides, appropriate Bechtel Standard Computer Applications (BSAPs) and administrative practices.
Demonstrated skill in leadership.
Knowledge of application and coordination of 2-D and 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools on a project.
The above is normally acquired through:
A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, from an accredited college or university, OR
A professional license in an appropriate engineering or scientific discipline, from a recognized licensing board, OR
Specialized courses in relevant general engineering or science or an appropriate engineering discipline, AND
Broad progressive work experience in design engineering, science or other relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants, or engineering/construction firms.
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.