Black & Veatch Project Controls Intern in Santiago, Chile
Project Controls Intern
Black & Veatch strikes a balance that is rare for any industry. Our Mission sets the bar high – Building a World of Difference®. We live up to that ideal by delivering reliable and innovative infrastructure solutions. Black & Veatch fully understands the unique water, energy and environmental challenges facing the mining industry today. Our experts safely deliver innovative infrastructure solutions that promote efficiency, resilience and sustainability. With over 11,000 professionals located in more than 110 offices around the world, we have a global network of expertise in these focus areas:
• Power Generation and Delivery
• Water and Environmental Solutions
• Integrated Infrastructure
The Black & Veatch Summer Internship Program is designed to provide the following to students: 1) experience in a working environment 2) meaningful work assignments 3) introduction to Black & Veatch corporate culture 4) chance to network with experienced executives, leading professionals, and peers 5) opportunity to learn and expand classroom theory into practice 6) earn excellent hourly wage. For Black & Veatch it’s designed to provide: 1) Supervisors/Managers with opportunity to assess student’s skills and abilities 2) source of potential future talent for organization 3) foster relationships with colleges and universities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with Engineer Procure Construct projects and/or perform scheduling work.
• Perform routine aspects of planning/scheduling, business systems data maintenance, cost engineering, and/or contract administration assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic project controls principles.
• Using prescribed methods, perform specific and limited portions of planning/scheduling, business systems maintenance, cost engineering, and/or contract administration assignments.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Current enrollment in ABET accredited university in Engineering, Finance, accredited university in Construction Management, or related discipline program. No experience required.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Analytical skills
• Communications skills, both written and oral
• Self starter, highly motivated
• Attention to detail
• Interpersonal skills
• Mathematical skills
• Problem solving skills
• Computer skills
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.