Google Strategic Sourcing Manager (English, Spanish) in Santiago, Chile
At Google, we take a different approach to Procurement or Strategic Sourcing than most other organizations. We're a fast moving, innovative company and our Engineers are always looking for ways to change the world -- the Supplier Sourcing team helps make those changes happen. From buying hardware, software and professional services to managing facilities and technology services globally, our job is to work with suppliers to enable quick and scalable development of new products. We're looking for people who can easily navigate ambiguity, collaborate well across multiple teams and build strong relationships with stakeholders to get things done for Google. Since we believe competition is the best way to negotiate great deals with suppliers, you should also be comfortable using data to ensure robust decision making.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Build relationships with stakeholders and develop sourcing strategies to help support their business.
- Identify opportunities for increased bidding, supplier relationships and more efficient processes. Collaborate with teams across the globe to drive innovation.
- Provide knowledge of the supply market to stakeholders to help them make better decisions.
- Manage supplier selection processes using market analysis, concise request for proposals, eAuctions and a data driven approach.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in procurement/strategic sourcing.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Spanish fluently and idiomatically.
- MBA degree.
- Experience with supplier sourcing and eAuctions.
- Experience in change management with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to apply global supplier best practices.
- Excellent influencing, communication and presentation skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.